How and When to Give Healthy Dog Treats
As dog parents, it's our duty to ensure that our dogs are healthy and loved.... Because a healthy dog is a happy dog! That's why it's important to give your dog the right treats. Just like human snacks, there are some foods that are better than others. Unfortunately, there are tons of dog treats that are filled with artificial colors and flavors - but not to fret, there are many that are both healthy and delicious! It's important to be mindful of what your furry friend is eating. Giving your dog treats is something that makes them feel good and gets them excited for being a good girl / boy! Well, is there a right time to give your dog treats? And what's the best treats for dogs? In this blog, we're going to discuss the best time and how to give your dog healthy treats! So, without any further ado, let's get into it!
When to Give Your Dog Healthy Treats
Giving your dog healthy treats is important for their overall health. There are a few different times during the day when it's best to offer them a treat, depending on their diet and exercise level. These factors definitely come into play, so keep track of this! Here are the best times to give your dog healthy treats:
1) Before breakfast: Treats before breakfast!? Yes! Contrary to popular belief, this is a great time to give your dog a high-quality treat. (Emphasis on the high-quality!) Some examples of a healthy dog treat for breakfast food is kibble or even some fresh fruit. This will help them start the day off right and help regulate their energy levels throughout the day. Some fruits that are good for dogs are strawberries, bananas, apples, and blueberries. (Thankfully, some of our organic dog treats like Blue Bliss, Berry Best, and Apple Pops contain these delicious fruits!)
2) After lunch: Sometimes after us humans have a nice meal, we like to treat ourselves to a little snack. Well, your dog can, too! After lunch is a good time to give your dog a healthy snack. You can opt for fruit or kibble again, or some other options include rawhide chews, chicken jerky treats, and of course, our organic Lord Jameson treats!
3) When they obey a command: After your dog has obeyed a command or learned a new trick, offer them a treat! Showing that you're proud and that they're doing a good job listening will help their confidence to grow and keep them extra happy! This is especially important to do during their puppy days. Offering treats as rewards will help them to listen and be on their best behavior.
How to Give Your Dog Healthy Treats
Now that we've gone over the best times to give your dog treats, we can discuss how to give your dog healthy treats. Giving your dog healthy treats is an important part of their diet - and their overall health. There are a variety of ways to give them treats, depending on what your dog enjoys and what is best for their health. Here are some tips on how to give your dog healthy treats:
1) Choose the right type of treat for your dog: Some dogs enjoy crunchy treats, while others prefer softer foods. So, choose one that you know they'll enjoy! Be sure to choose a treat that is high in fiber and low in sugar, as these types of snacks can be great for their overall health. You want to avoid treats that are full of artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives - as treats like these can be detrimental to your dog's health. Over time, these treats can lead to obesity, diabetes, and other health problems, so be mindful of the ingredients of the treats you choose. We always like to recommend organic dog treats as these types of foods have many wonderful health benefits!
2) Give small treats instead of one large treat every day: Giving your dog smaller-sized treats instead of big ones will help to keep your dog's weight under control and ensure they're getting the nutrients they need from their food. If you give them a large treat, they may get overexcited and eat the whole thing in one sitting! This will lead to stomach problems and chances are, they're going to get sick. Just think of how you feel after having a huge meal! It's delicious, but eating too much in one sitting can make you feel uncomfortable later. Smaller treats are easier for their tummies to handle and are still as tasty. Our treats at Lord Jameson are small and soft, so we recommend starting with ours!
Conclusion of How and When to Give Healthy Dog Treats
As we've mentioned, giving your dog healthy treats is so incredibly important for their health and happiness!. They deserve to be spoiled with some delicious snacks as a way to show your appreciation for their unconditional loyalty and love!
If you're looking for the best organic dog treats, than look no further! Here at Lord Jameson, we provide healthy dog treats that provide the right nutrition for your dogs. Our treats are USDA Organic Certified and packed with nutrients. We have tons of mouth-watering flavors with ingredients like cranberries, turmeric, peanut butter, coconuts, beets, and more. To check out our full list of flavors, please visit our website!
Thank you so much for reading our blog on how and when to give healthy dog treats. We hope you find the perfect dog treats for your furry friend. If you have any other questions or comments, send us a message on our Instagram @LordJameson!